Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What a week...

This week has been an odd one. On Monday, Neil had an oncology appointment and everything is fine. The exhaustion that follows an appointment is always the result of the emotional buildup before the tests and exams.

The same day, we also found out that one of our high school classmates passed away suddenly. Though I had only spoken to her a few times since high school, it hit me pretty hard because she was so spirited and beautiful. Her family had recently been through some tough times and now this...I can't even imagine.

Today I had a routine OB appointment (blood pressure, heart rate, fetal heartbeat check and done). But as we were making my next appointment, a woman about my age was crying as she was making hers. I can only assume something was wrong with her pregnancy. My heart was breaking for her...it was just so sad. She and her partner rode the elevator down with us and she was crying and making phone calls as soon as she got off...I hope things work out for her, whoever she is and whatever it might be. I just can't imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment