Friday, January 25, 2013

What I can't live without

With my job, I often don't know where I will be at a given time of day. I am often called into last-minute meetings, which could be at my office on Main or at one of two client buildings. So I try to pack some things every day and stay on a routine, which helps keep my blood sugar stable, my body hydrated and in general feeling good. These are the things I keep with me:
  • Brita water bottle. No matter where my water is coming from (office filter, tap, drinking fountain) the water is filtered as I drink. Also, I know that I need to drink 3 bottles per day so that visual and knowing how much I'm drinking really helps.
  • EOS or Burt's Bees lip balm. If you know me, you know I'm addicted anyway and pregnancy makes it worse.
  •  Babybel cheeses. Perfect snack and full of calcium and protein. This is what I was told to eat when my blood sugar dips (not Babybel, but cheese in general). Plus I love the packaging.
  • Oranges.
  • Capri Suns! Duh.
  • Peanuts. Also good for blood sugar dips.
  • Ayr Saline Nasal Spray. My nose is always dry now and I can't use many OTC sprays unless they're purely saline and nothing else.

At home, there are a couple other things that keep me feeling good in addition to the items above:
  •  Cool mist vaporizer. I sleep with it on every night. Helps with my dry nose and skin. Plus I love the white noise.
  • Bio Oil and Palmer's Cocoa Butter. Supposed to help prevent stretch marks. We shall see because I'm pretty sure if you're going to get them, they will come but it can't hurt. At any rate, it helps with winter dry skin.
  • Proactiv soap. Hormones have my skin all crazy, mostly my back and chest so this helps. Plus, the ingredients are pregnancy-safe.











No comments:

Post a Comment